Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Superheroes Rule.

Superheroes Rule. They rule our conversations, Buggy's wardrobe, the play room, our TV screen, and much of my 3 yrs old day. Our world pretty much revolves around these magical beings, as my son is absolutely convinced that he is one.

When he tumbles he rebounds with a giggle, jumps to his feet and triumphantly yells, "I'm a Superhero!" Which just leaves me standing there speechless and shaking my head.

He is pretty much fearless, but whenever he does have reservations about an activity he pumps himself up by yelling, "Go Power Ranger, Spider man, Superman, and Green Lantern!" Which cracks me up.

Some part of his clothing must have a Superhero on it or he's just not getting dressed. Which leaves me with extra loads of laundry, cause sometimes you just have to pick your battles and this one is just not worth it.

We must carry at least a lunchbox full of Superhero toys every where we go. Which leaves me searching for, counting, and carrying any number of these toys at any given time.

He spends most of his day running around punching and kicking the air while engaged in some galactic battle. Which leaves me yelling after him to watch out for the dogs and to quit jumping from thing.

We have to have silly conversations about where certain Superheros come from, what are their powers, what bad guys to they fight, and how come it's NOT OK to play Superheros with unsuspecting participates. Which just leaves me with a headache.

And of course, Daddy has made Superhero status as well. As for me, I'm still just plain ol' Mommy. Which doesn't surprise me one bit, although I'm pretty sure that I could be Wonder Woman. How else would I be able to wrangle my little Superhero!?!

Some of his Superhero attire





A sample of his most prized possessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment