Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Afternoon Adventure

Well, actually, it was more of a mid-morning adventure...but Afternoon Adventure has a much better ring to it. And we were still out and about after Noon, so I'm keeping it. The best part about our Afternoon Adventure (see it sounds good, don't it?) was that it took place in our very own neck of the woods. We went out and explored our neighborhood and I have to admit I fell in love with this area all over again.


The covered bridge that we drive thru to enter our neighborhood...one of the 1st things I fell in love with.

It started out as a walk to our local park which is the perfect distance to get a bit of exercise without being so far that I end up regretting making the commitment of being on foot. There we did some climbing, swinging, and singing. Yup, singing. We meet a couple of cute little friends and Buggy had a sing-a-long with one of the girls. So much fun!


I spy with my little eye...




While the kiddos were playing, I learned from one of the Mommy's that there is a walking path off of a street by our house and that you could also take the path through the woods next to the pool and reach the San Jacinto river! Who knew!?! Well, I guess a lot of people since there is an actual path...but it was sure news to me!

Since I thought it better to save the hike through the woods till Daddy is with us we ventured off to find the walking path. Here we found a bridge over a creek and throw sticks into the water. OK, it was a trench without any water...we are having a drought here, but we pretended there was water.




While playing Power Pangers with our swords (sticks) we found a random piece of wooden fence that made for a perfect photo op/place to climb.



What a cutie!


No comments:

Post a Comment