Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Who Am I !?!

I got a phone call today asking me to be the Room Mom for Buggy's Little Bears class at preschool. Of course, I jumped at the opportunity. Even though it was sort of by default since "she couldn't find anyone else who wanted to do it." But whatev, I'm totally going to rock this job.

But the excitement that I'm feeling over such a silly thing as being room mom for a preschool class made me chuckle, shake my head, and think Who am I!?! Now don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like the person I have become. It's just for all of you who knew me growing up, in high school, or shoot, just 5 yrs ago... did you really think I would ever be excited about being in charge of little kids parties or finding volunteers to help out at a preschools events!?! Cause truth be told I never did. I didn't even want children! And the idea of being involved with a group of them, that had no relationship to me what-so-ever, would have made me shudder. But now it brings a huge grin to my face and an eagerness to make this a fantastic year for these little ones!

Who am I!?! I'm a multi-tasker, an organizer, and a planner. I'm a go with the flow-er when those plans are going awry. I'm a step up and do it when no one else will. I'm a friend, a sister, a daughter, and a wife.  I'm a momma and damn proud of it!

 I guess Landon changed me in a way that I could never have predicted and will forever be grateful for. So come on universe bring on the challenges that will continue to make me question who am I? Cause I'm totally digging what I am finding!

1 comment:

  1. Love this entry!!! Yes you are all of these people and more!! Being a stay at home mom is completely rewarding. I've always considered myself a "dinosaur" because so many families require 2 incomes...but actually I consider myself extremely lucky and blessed to be able to stay at home. So many of my friends always told me I had the most difficult job because I was at home. I wouldn't change any of it for anything!!! Love you babygirl..Kate

    ReplyDelete