Friday, May 13, 2016

Starve Rock Photo Dump


I'm breathing life back into this blog. I'm recommitting to documenting my life with littles. I'm told daily, "It goes so fast. These will be the best years of your life. Enjoy it while you can." 

But since I'm down here in the mud, on my belly, carrying the load of a pack mule, while army crawling through the trenches of raising toddlers...I tend to just answer with a small smile and a quick nod, while screaming in my head, "Moron! You idealist. You must have totally forgotten how hard this stage is. I'm pretty sure I've been taking care of babies and raising toddlers for eternity. And that I'm doomed to continue this torture of wiping butts and wading through the seas of plastic till.the.end.of.time!!" 

But deep down, I know that it's just the lack of sleep and constant juggling talking. That hind-sight is 20/20. If it's something that strangers and friends alike feel the need to stop and share, that it must be true words of wisdom. 

So, I'm back, and I'm determined. I love having an outlet. A place where I can capture my thoughts, share our story and document our moments. Pages that I will be able to scroll through and grin while I relive, recount, and rejoice in our memories.

Part of the documenting is photos. Moments frozen in time. I LOVE this part! I truly enjoy taking photos and editing them. But I need practice to make this a skill. Lucky you. You all get the enjoyment of watching my progress. There will be many of these "photo dump" posts. And, my hope, is that they will get better and better. 

Starved Rock hiking 2016. We hiked up to the highest point, which is Starved Rock. And then down into French Canyon to see the waterfall. It was the perfect amount of walking and exploring for our two littlest. And just enough of a challenge that R and I could maneuver it while assisting a toddler each and it kept our 7 yr old entertained. It was overcast and drizzling, but the air was warm. We really enjoyed ourselves!!















1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great photos! Makes me want to go back. I got lost there once when I was 10. Thought I would never want to go there again.....but you just turned that around. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete