Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mediocre Blogging. Not Mediocre Life.

 I know that I have resorted to these mediocre life updates for blog posts lately. But I swear my creativity has just flown the coop! Blame it on baby brain (I swear you get stupider with each baby you have), lack of sleep (having some major sleep regression up in here), or that I feel like I (Gale) have pretty much been swallowed up by my role as Momma lately.

Now that last statement is not meant to be taken as a negative. It's just fact...it tends to happen when you have a baby under a year. These feelings can be escalated when you don't work outside the home, live hundreds of miles from family, and have a hubby who works enough hours to fulfill two people's time cards.

Whatever the culprit, I'm here to provide you with yet another mediocre life update. So, if you aren't all that interested in the daily doings and milestones of our little clan, here's your out. You can quit reading now.

For those of you who stuck with it...Here's what's going on with us these days.

Baby Sister is 6 months, a whole half of a year old, unbelievable! It has just flown by. She has the greatest smile, everyone we met comments on it. And boy, does she shows it off. To put it simply she is a happy baby.

She will finally take a bottle, YAY! She will only take the bottle from me, BOO! Come on girl! Momma having to give you the bottle totally defeats the purpose.

We have broken the 12 lbs mark. With that we are finally on the chart and it throws her into 3rd percentile. Other breaking news in the health department is we have gotten her anemia in check. She is still in the low normal range and hasn't built up any iron reserves yet, but its a huge step forward.

A lot of her day is spent imitating a frog. Yes, you read that right, a frog. When is a sitting position she sort of hunches her back over, uses her arms to prop herself up, and spreads her little legs to the side. During tummy time she will left both her legs and arms off the floor and proceed to try and "swim" her way across the floor. I swear if she ever figures out that her arms and legs need to be touching the floor during those movements...she's just going to just shoot across the room!

Landon is officially 4. And he has just fallen right into the role. He asks 10 million questions, thinks anything to do with poo, butts, or tooting is HILARIOUS, and is just about the coolest little kid I know. He amazes me everyday and we are extremely blessed and honored to be his parents.

Hockey is over for now and I'm thoroughly impressed with how much he learned. He can actually get from on end of the rink to the other and picks himself up when he falls. We have vowed to take him skating at least once a month so that he doesn't loose any of his skills and I truly hope that we keep up our end of the deal! We are still involved with swimming lessons and are making big strides there as well. He can "get" himself across the pool, I guess you would call it swimming since he's definitely not drowning, and is learning how to dive. T-Ball starts next week and Daddy is so excited he went out and purchased all the gear to hold additional practices in the backyard.

Buggy Boy loves going to preschool and really gets into the chapter books we have been reading to him at night. He has gotten quite good at spelling out his name and writing it down. His little brain is like sponge and we just can seem to keep up with the amount of information that he wants to absorb. Its wonderful and exhausting all at the same time.

The Hubby has been helping to set up a sort of wrestling boot camp for some high school boys on Saturdays and I have started joining in on the strength training portions. I could definitely think of many other things I would rather be doing with my Saturday morning but exercise is important and at least we get to spend the time together. The Hubby on the other hand is just loving getting to pass on some of his wrestling knowledge and showing off his moves.

The weather is getting warmer and my green thumb is itching to get my herbs and tomatoes planted, maybe this weekend!?! I also think I'm beginning to hear the Vista Cruiser (our pontoon) calling for us to come play. Soon my friend, soon.

Life is busy and we are happy. Can't ask for much more than that!



Sitting Frog


Out enjoying the nice weather


My Super Lots of Handsome Knight (It's a long explanation)


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment