Thursday, August 8, 2013

Pages that Need to be Filled.

As I'm pulled from sleep this morning by the sweet sounds of coos and giggles coming from the monitor, and my eyes slowly open to a still darkened room. I roll over to glance at the clock and realize with a sigh, that once again, my loveable baby girl has woken way too early! As I lay blurry eyed and sleep deprived, silently pleading for her to fall back to sleep and give me just 15 more minutes, my mind begins to wonder...
 
6 more days till my little baby is 11 months old. Just a short 30 days after that she will be One. Then we jump forward two quick months and this little darling who has only been in our lives a very short time will move from being our baby to the middle child. That's right! During the 5 months that I have been neglecting this blog we have found out that we are expecting another member into our little clan.
 
Time just keeps moving and our children keep changing. That's why I started this blog. To jot down the milestones, to celebrate with all of you the everyday accomplishments they achieve while growing, to keep the lines from blurring between which child did what and at what time. And I've been slacking. Our electronic baby book has pages that need to be filled.  If I can't keep up when we only have two how will I ever manage when baby #3 enters our lives!?!
 
I vow to do better. To give these babies the recognition they deserve. To keep all of you, who also love them dearly and live so far away, better informed. So here it is. The information dump that will hopefully help to fill the empty pages.
 
Cami J. has gone from sitting like a frog to sitting up to an army crawl to a crawl to a speed crawl to pulling up to climbing to cruising around furniture to being able to stand on her own for a few seconds. Yes, babies can learn a lot in 5 months. And Yes, I do realize this is the natural progression for babies, but we are playing catch up here!
 
She has also decided in the last week that holding her own bottle is an acceptable thing to do, sometimes, definitely not all the time. Princesses just don't roll like that! It's not that my nearly 11 month old child can't hold it, it's more that she just doesn't want to. She is a stubborn little thing!
 
We have ourselves another climber (we call her our spider monkey). And an adventurous little being that is always looking for the next challenge to face head on. She can also squeeze through the tiniest of spaces. Between these two skills she will always attempt and almost always succeed in escaping from any barricade or obstacle I set up to slow her down...Don't judge. This pregnant Momma is tired! And that child moves fast!
 
Climbing Queen
 
Constantly carries things in her mouth as she crawls.
 
Her favorite "tricks" include: Giving hugs and kisses. Waving and saying "hi." Clapping. Barking at the dogs, which sounds more like "eh-eh" than "woof-woof." She also does this hilarious interpretation of people laughing. It sounds so sarcastic. She just plainly says "ha.ha.ha." I swear she thinks this is how people communicate since we spend much of our time giggling at her since she's just so darn cute!
 
Favorite Activities: Being in the pool and playing in her ball pit. Least Favorite: Going down for nap!
 
Ball Pit Bliss
 
 
Cammon and Landon are the best of buds. Their faces actually light up when they see each other! I'm so impressed with what a fantastic older brother Landon has become. He is always looking out for his little sis and is constantly loving on her. Not to mention what a huge help he is to have around. He helps me to corral and keep track of her, always lets me know if she has put something into her mouth, and keeps her entertained by letting her climb all over him. I'm sure this will change as she gets older and becomes a pest. But for now I'm soaking up every memory I can, for future use. To think back on, while attempting to block out the fact that they are trying to kill each other!
 
Love these two!
 
This is her favorite face to make. Scrunched up eyes and huge grin. Absolutely anyone and everyone gets greeted with this look.
 
 
Landon finished out his second year of preschool and we are anxiously awaiting the start of his 3rd. Seriously, come on Sept. 5th. I'm so over summer and trying to finds ways to keep the kiddos entertained while beating the heat. The end of the school year also meant the wrap up of TOTs his after school basketball program (think Harlem Globe Trotters not Lakers) and also an end to his very fun and successful T-Ball league. I was super impressed with the league. We got so much for such a reasonable price. It was well organized and the uniforms were great. The boys got a little bored in the outfield but practices were always a "hit" and I really think that overall he enjoyed it.
 
 

His classmates and TOTs buddies
 
 
Great season Cardinals
 
Landon has become a total Daddy's boy as of late. He asks about him constantly. Wants to do everything his Daddy does, and his daddy is ALWAYS right. Which of course means, Momma is ALWAYS wrong. This would be really adorable if it wasn't so extreme that it's kinda of a annoying. But of course, Daddy is on cloud nine and totally eats it up.

Two peas in a pod

 
And I just have to throw out a quick tribute to my kiddo's bestest buddy Brewno. This is mostly to clear my Karma as our poor pups do not get the attention they deserve these days, I just have too many little beings to care for, and my four legged babes get pushed to the back burner more often than they should. Now that I've gotten that off my chest, back to the point. Brewno is the most patient and tolerant dog I have ever seen. Cami climbs, pulls, pokes, and harasses this poor dog to no end...She believes it's great fun and Brewno being the amazing pup that he is just takes it. I truly believe that he loves these two kids as much as they love him or there is no way he would even enter the same room as them. Instead of fleeing he embraces their "love." Here's to you, Brewno. Thanks for being a part of this clan. We love you buddy!














 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful update, Gayle! Welcome back to blogging! I've missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete