Saturday, January 26, 2013

Yup, I'm a Mom.

Today I realized, and there is absolutely no way to deny it, that yup, I'm a Mom. How did I come to that realization!?! Let me walk you through it...

I finally got to use the Spa Package that my Hubby gifted me almost an entire year ago. I FINALLY got a few hours of "me time." Time that I didn't have to share with anyone else. Time that I used to relax and get pampered. Time where I could actually be alone in my brain, with my very own thoughts. Thoughts that went a little something like this.

During my facial while the lotion was being massaged into my skin and my cheeks were getting manipulated into all different versions of "smooched face" all I could think about was how hard Buggy would be laughing if he could see me now!! Yup, I'm a Mom of a funny face making 4 yr. old.

Also during the facial while relaxing and drifting away to the calming sounds of music and water, I soon began to realize that the high pitched whale calls really sound much to close to that of a whining baby. And someone should really make it stop. Yup, I'm a Mom of a small and sometimes whiney baby girl.

While I was kicking back in the vibrating, kneading, comfy pedicure chair sipping on my bottled water and reading a magazine. The basin on the chair beside me began to overflow and flood the floor. I found myself thinking that was something Buggy Boy would definitely do if he was here. Especially since I was relaxed and had my guard down. Yup, I'm a Mom of a curious and on occasion sneaky little kid.

A couple of hours later while getting my reflexology massage, the kind where you leave all your clothes on and they really just focus on your pressure points. While he was busy massaging my feet and I was really beginning to feel very heavy eyed, calm, and stress-free. The stupid whales began their high pitched whining again...BOOM! Let down reflex and I'm soaked. Thought, Damn. Yup, I'm a Mom of a 4 month old who was probably getting very hungry right about then.

A little farther into the massage the man actually massaged my buttock and I thought what in the world is he massaging my butt for!?! Haha, BUTT! Yup, I'm a Mom of a boy.

Yup, I'm a Mom of these two beautiful kiddos. And I'm completely content in that realization.




2 comments:

  1. This is so great! I love every bit of this! You OWN that you are a mama, and you make it look AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Yep, totally a mom and PROUD of it!

    ReplyDelete