Monday, September 19, 2011

An Experiment.

Here on Gettysburg, we are conducting a small experiment. It's an experiment in nurturing, patience, persistence, and balance. It involves dirt, water, and sunshine. We will get to watch things grow and produce, in response to our care and good ol' mother nature. For we planted ourselves a little garden.

We are calling it our little experiment because if we have success with our starter garden we plan on planting a large in ground, full on, garden in the near future.



Before the plant...We have Tomato plants and Thyme



Green Bell Peppers



Sweet Basil, Chocolate Mint, and Cilantro

This all began yesterday sorta on a whim. The hubby has been talking about having a huge garden for years and I have always been hesitant since I tend to have a black thumb instead of the green thumb that I desire. I really don't understand what the problem is...I love to plant things, water them, and nurture them. The plants in turn like to die on me! It's very sad!! Anyhoo, we were driving by a garden center that was closing so we stopped in and bought some plants and herbs for next to nothing.

The hubby built me some wooden boxes while I played in the dirt. And here the experiment begins. I will be walking around the house at different times today to find the perfect place to put our yummy plants. Needs to have the perfect balance of sunshine, enough to make them grow and not too much to burn them up. Very excited about our latest challenge!



Need to find the perfect home for our darling little garden. Needs the right balance of sunshine and shade.



Here are our Green Peppers and Tomatoes.

2 comments:

  1. This should be fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do great!!! I love my potted herbs and tomatoes because you can move them out of harms way...too much sun...not enough sun...too windy...too much rain...critters. Way more control over the elements. Also, you already have peppers on the plant which gives you a head start!! Herbs like some sun,but I've had to experiment with them. Mine have flourished with morning, but not afternoon sun...so much fun and economical, not to mention delicious!! Congrats on the new hobby...Love Kate

    ReplyDelete