Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Home.

After many years of struggles while learning to cope with grown up responsibilites. Four years of home renovation, painting, and design. And two years of figuring out how to parent without family near by.  It came down to a week long trip and a question to make me finally realize that Texas is home.

While visiting family and friends in St. Louis, where I was born and raised. Someone very dear to me asked the simple question "Do you consider Texas or St. Louis home?" My answer was immediate "Texas" I said. Without hesitation. But then I found myself backtracking "Well, I still always say, I'm going home to St. Louis when I come to visit. So I guess this will always be home."

I thought about my response for some time and have come to the conclusion that my immediate reaction was the correct one. My parents no longer live in the houses where I grow up and I almost always have to leave my Hubby behind when I come into town. I don't recoginize most places and haven't heard of many of the newer resturants. I mean, come on, I can hardly navagate around St. Louis anymore without directions!

Texas is where I moved to with the love of my life.
Texas is where we found our jobs.
Texas is where we bought our 1st home.
Texas is where we made that home ours.
Texas is where our dogs lounge on the couch.
Texas is where my son was born.
Texas is where I have watched him grow.
Texas is where we rest our heads.
Texas is where we became a family.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that's an amazing entry!! We love you and miss you, but, Texas is truly where you have grown into an amazing wife and mother..you're the best!!! Love Kate

    ReplyDelete