Friday, August 1, 2014

Sh*tty Days

These will forever be know as the Shitty Days...I mean, seriously, with two in  diapers and two dogs I have to clean up after, I deal with a lot of poop. A Lot!

And to make matters worse, I feel like I'm living in that movie "Ground Hog's Day." You know the one with Bill Murray, where he wakes up every morning and re-lives the same day over and over and over again. Yup, that's my life. My life in the trenches, with littles, and extremely repetitive motions.

I don't know if it's the lack of sleep, the fact that littles crave routine, or that with 5 people living under one roof laundry and dishes have become something that needs to be done multiple times a day.

Or it could simply be that with two under two it's just plain easier to stay at home. Floating in the sea of Sippy cups, plastic toys, and children's television shows. At least here I'm equipped with everything I need...and trust me, you need more than you would think down here in the trenches of motherhood.

These days are hard and long. They are both physically and mentally demanding. And they push my patience to the breaking point. But there is beauty in them too.

There are sweet giggles and gummy grins. Warm hugs and soft snuggles. Moments that make you laugh and moments that amaze. And it does go quickly...

They will change and grow. My days will get easier. And I will long for the Shitty Days. When my littles were babes.


No comments:

Post a Comment