Wednesday, September 14, 2011

One Hot Mama.

My Food Processor arrived, my Food Processor arrived, MY FOOD PROCESSOR ARRIVED! I'm just a little bit excited about it! I can't wait to dive into this wonderful cookbook and start whipping up some delicious and nutritious recipes for my little man.


I will be blogging about the process and some of the yummy creations as they come. Would have started this week, but the processor arrived as I was unloaded my groceries. So I'll just have to spend all week reading, dreaming, and creating my shopping list for next week. But until then I just had to test out my latest kitchen  toy appliance. And what better way to break in a food processor than to whip up some fresh salsa! I found the perfect recipe on pinterest. http://oneparticularkitchen.com/2009/05/19/salsa/ and loaded Buggy back into the car for an ingredient run.

Buggy "helped" me collect the produce bag full of Roma Tomatoes that we needed, which really means he stood in the cart, reached over and started throwing the tomatoes across the huge bin, while saying "I such a big helper." When we arrived home I had had about the "help" I could take, so I plopped him in front of Power Rangers and the creating began.


Yum! Looks delicious just stacked together!

I need to take a moment to add this very important note. This recipe makes a very very very HOT salsa. I cut down on the Serrano peppers and scrape the seeds out of a portion of them but it's still hotter than I prefer. The hubby thinks it's perfect, but he lives for spicy and has to eat it with plain tortilla chips when he usually gets his salsa fix with the jalapeno chips. Next time I will cut it down to 10-12 peppers and scrape the seeds out of at least 6. And I will definitely wear gloves while de-seeding...learned that lesson the hard way! My poor hands burned for hours and they still have a slight tingle to them. I swear them peppers should come with a warning! Although, in hindsight, I should probably have known better...if it burns your tongue why wouldn't it burn your skin!?! Duh!




All chopped up. Lots and lots of tomatoes.



Roasting. The kitchen smelled all earthy and organic.


Add caption


All roasted up. Onions should be translusent, tomatoes soft, and peppers charred.

And are you ready for the best part!?! The big ta-do, the main event, the star of the show!?! Here it is...the Food Processor. SWOON!



The things we are going to do!




Here it is. The finished product. That's right, I'm one hot mama and that's one hot salsa. Yummy!


3 comments:

  1. So happy you have it!! We LOVE spoiling our foodie family!!! Love Dad and Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I am a self-proclaimed food processor whore. I love my food processor more than anyone should possibly love a kitchen appliance. I actually have 3 of them. Best invention ever. I'm not sure how I lived before I bought my first one. You will soon agree with me.
    2. I don't even have kids, but I have that Jessica Seinfeld book and it's great! Purees are genius. I make tons and put them in everything. Anytime I make cake, bread, pasta sauce, muffins, casseroles, in go the purees. I don't even follow the recipes anymore, I just throw purees in everything.
    3. Jalapenos are deadly and your hands will burn for days. Also, just because you washed your hands 75 times does not mean that all the jalapeno juice is off of them so DO NOT (for the love of God) touch your eyeballs. You will thank me for this later.
    4. Your salsa looks delish!

    ReplyDelete