Friday, June 10, 2016

A Little Piece of My Heart.

Last week we took a trip down to Houston Texas, where we lived for 7 years. We hadn't been since we moved two years ago and I'd been itching to get back. While we were there, I realized that I had left a little piece of my heart in Texas, leaving a small hole that I'm not sure will ever be filled.

We had this whole life there. We found friends who we turned into family and friends who were my people. We bought our 1st home together. All three of our kiddos were born there and all three were brought home to that house. The Hubby started his journey with Service King and our oldest had best friends.

It was strange to drive down the familiar roads and to see the faces of our friends. So much has changed, and yet, so much was still the same. New buildings had been built and road construction finished, but the road leading to our old home was still covered with the same beautiful trees. The kiddos had grown and matured but the friendships picked up right where they had left off. Two years worth of life had happened while we were away, but we fit back in like no time had passed at all.

It's amazing to be around people who love your kids as much as you do. That kind of love is usually reserved for Grandparents, but we found the exception, and it made my heart explode to see my kiddos love them right back!! P Family, we need more of you in our lives. You just make them better.













We had the most amazing group of families in L's preschool class. And we were extremely fortunate to become the greatest of friends with them. These ladies are good for my soul and I miss them like crazy! They are my tribe! And to be completely honest I miss the clan of little people that we produced as well. They are all just some cool cats!

L and his bestie J. Two peas in a pod.




Our old neighborhood received some of the major flooding that has taken place in Houston in the last couple of weeks. It was completely heart breaking to see the after math. Guts of houses lined the streets. People's processions piled up to be tossed. You could see the water line on the homes.
Here is our old house...do you see the water line around the bottom?
I said a little prayer that day, for our old neighbors, for the new residents of our old home, and for blessing us with a quick sale two years ago and sparing us the heartache of this tragedy.  





I miss Texas. You all will forever hold that little piece of my heart!!






No comments:

Post a Comment